30.6.11

Preggo updates...

Yikes this is a horrible picture but it's the most recent (as in today). I'm now 34 weeks - 6 weeks or 42 days to go, I don't count by months any more ;) I figured I haven't really given any pregnancy updates other than our first ultrasound. But I'm mostly doing this as an excuse to vent! I think I'm smaller this time around, or at least I haven't gained as much weight as I did with Bannock - albeit I started off about 10-12 lbs overweight with him so I was a bit more "fit" in the beginning with this one. And this one is incredibly active! I thought for sure he'd run out of room but that doesn't stop him. He kicks and wiggles and squirms all day, there are no sleeping times for him, or times when he's more active. I can even feel his squirming and kicking while I'm walking, which I didn't with Bannock. I suppose it's a comfort to know he's strong and healthy.

It's been hard with a two year old, he keeps me active but I get exhausted so easily. I am also anemic which doesn't help with the tiredness. I have a complete lack of energy to do anything... like pick up the house, cook dinner, even blog. I feel lazy but at the same time I just don't really care to do anything about it. I should be preparing for baby, especially because I'm not taking classes right now and will be when he's born, but again, the no energy thing just takes priority.

I feel more worried about labor with this one for some reason. With the first I just decided to see how it went, how I felt, and make no finite decisions on a birth plan. It wasn't ideal. But I don't have a plan with this one except NO epidural. It was pointless last time and I don't want to be in labor as long as I was before (36 hours anyone?). I've also become extremely nervous about c-sections. Now, I don't want anyone reading this to think that I think they are bad - not at all. But I have been hearing birth stories from SO many women lately who get induced (typically too soon) and the baby (nor their body) is ready and they wind up with emergency cesareans. It just makes me nervous because I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. I hope I don't eat my words on this...

I commend you if you read this whole thing, thanks for hearing me out! There are many other gripes I could include but I'll save those for my fantastic husband's listening ear ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I was induced after being a week overdue and I was in labor for 72 hours. I had my epidural for the latter 10 hours and it went great! No c-section. No need to worry. Doctors are doctors for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah that's good to know! my epidural lasted 12 hours and nothing happened so they had to give me pitocin to "speed" things along. I really like/trust my doctors so I hope you're right! Thanks Brooke!

    ReplyDelete