7.6.11

March 2011 Highlights




Bannock turned 2! We celebrated his b-day by going to the aquarium and dinner and then opening presents and skyping the grandparents. The next day we had a BBQ with a bunch of friends and ate cupcakes... which Bannock enjoyed doing without his hands (my camera is crappy and this was the best picture that came out!) Anyway, it was fun and laid back and I can't believe my little guy is two.
-He is a genius - the most intelligent little person I've ever met. At the time of this photo he had over 200 words (we counted) but as of now he's a total chatterbox - the only two year old I've ever known to be able to say "Transporter truck" , "mini excavator"and a myriad of other phrases.
-He also knows all the basic colors (red, yellow, blue, purple, green, orange, pink, gray, black) as well as ALL his letters (I'm very proud of him for this) - we're working on counting to ten now and he's on his way.
-He loves Cars and Nemo and knows the names of all his favorite characters on all his favorite shows (he can recognize all the engines from Thomas - yes Bertie and Toby too - something I can't even do) I suppose he watches too much TV but some of the more educational shows I approve of because he learns so much - I think Super Why is the reason he knows all his letters.
-He asks me to sing songs when he goes to bed and the top ones are "Child God song" (I am a child of God), "Popcorn tree" (popcorn popping on the apricot tree), "Temple song" ( I love to see the temple), "Lets go fly kite", "Sunbeam song", "Sunshine song" (You are my sunshine,which leads to him asking for "Love you Bannock" song - which I made up to the same tune), "Row Row your boat"and "Twinkle star".
-He knows all his friends' names from nursery, as well as all some of their parents! He also knows our names and his grandparents and uncles and aunts names.
I'm always amazed at how much information this boy's brain retains (He sometimes asks "Go Target, get trucks, buy em!", Or shouts "Let's go right now!" when we're about to go somewhere) I wish I could list it all but I'm sure you'd rather not listen to a mother praise her child so much ;)

FURTHER MARCH NEWS:
We finished the (craziest) semester. It was stressful and anxiety ridden and broke and busy but we finished (and got good grades might I add!).

we also found out our next little peanut is a BOY !!! So we'll have two little troublemakers around the house come August, we're very excited. We would've been happy either way but were leaning more towards a boy so Bannock would have a playmate:)

No comments:

Post a Comment