18.9.10

My baby boy is not a baby anymore...

My little man is growing up. I need a post devoted just to all the new things he's been doing. I love this boy so much and everything he does amazes me. I adore him to pieces.
  • He knows how to sign: more, again, please, thank you and all done
  • He says: Mama, daddy, Nahna (grandma), that (his word of choice), what, Bopbop (bottle)yuck, rock, hi, buh bye and All D (all done)
  • Just tonight Sean was reading him a book and he saw a sick person in a bed and put his finger to his mouth and said "shh"
  • He gives the best kisses- puckers his lips and all
  • He's started giving "group hugs" - he'll put one arm around each of our necks and pull us together (or if he's on the ground he hugs our legs)
  • When he gets really excited about something (ants, crabs, waves, his Star Wars Lego jammies) he says "mahmah! mahmah! THAaaat!?" and points to whatever it is thats intriguing him
  • He says "hi" in the sweetest voice - even to the birds (he waves at them too)
  • When he's ready to go he just starts saying "buh bye" to everyone and waving at them and heads for the door
  • He wears mine and Sean's shoes around the house
  • When he wakes up in the morning and sees us he says "Mama, Hi" "Daddy, hi"
  • He knows the difference between "mine" and "his"- when I ask where my nose/eye/mouth/ear is he points to mine and if I ask where his nose/mouth/etc. are he points to his
  • He helps me pick up and sweep and put things back where he found them (when I ask of course)
  • He loves little babies - he likes to touch their heads and feet and get real close to their face and smile at them
  • He loves to hug other little kids he meets (sometimes knocking them over in the process!)
  • He absolutely LOVES to read - he can pick up any book or even magazines, catologs, maps and sit down and flip thru the pages for over ten minutes - when we read to him he is completely enthralled
  • He gives pats on the back
  • He loves to dance - I can make a beat on the table with my fingers and he'll bop up and down and sway back and forth - the boy can pick up a rhythm from a blow-dryer (seriously)

Even though he gets a little too adventurous and curious, and sometimes I want to pull my hair out over the messes he makes, I love him regardless of any wrong he does because he has only to say "mama" and my heart just melts for him. Even though I am in school again and so happy to get a break and some time to myself, being a mom is first and foremost and it is the most rewarding thing I could ever do. It is truly impossible for anyone to understand this kind of love- you have to be a mother to know, there is no way of explaining it. I love being Bannock's mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment