26.2.10

Snotty Slug Tracks






I was wallowing in my congestion induced pity and feeling incredibly tired when I looked down at my sleeve and noticed a little slug trail of snot courtesy of my almost one-year-old boy. (We think it may be allergies to the animals in the house cuz his nose is always running but otherwise he's the happiest little boy). I had to smile as I heard him laughing with his daddy in the other room. I've been so incredibly blessed in the baby department. My little man has grown at mutant speed; he eats like crazy and has an amazing amount of energy (today he walked EVERYWHERE). And when he's not walking and babbling and getting into everything he's loving on his mama (or daddy or grandma or grandpa) and giving hugs and kisses. My favorite time of the day is when he's settling down for the night and reading a book. He turns the pages and his little eyes follow the words left and right. I've never felt so much love and joy as I do when I look at him. He's absolutely perfect. He'll sit for twenty minutes and just play with his toys and talk to himself and read his books, then he'll get up and look for mommy or grandma and play a rousing game of "gonna get you" wherein he then fills the house with little sqeals of delight.



I think I've finally found my calling. There are so many things I want to do in my life but being a mother is definately at the top of my list. Its been such a life changing event and everyday is a new adventure-sometimes a frustrating one but worth it most of the time. I recommend motherhood to anyone whos ever looked at a baby and thought "maybe". It's hard, it's scary, it's tough, it's exhausting, it's fun, it's stressful, it's joyful, it's silly, it's amazing, it's life-altering but it's all worth it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good lil mama;) thanks for your honesty in saying that it's not all rainbows and butterflies. MAYBE we will entertain the idea.

    ReplyDelete