12.1.12

Christmas break

We had a wonderful time in California for Christmas break. It was fun and busy and so good to have all the family together. I just wish I had taken more pictures :( Also, I'm posting from my phone so here are the captions for the pics, which are totally out of order, sorry!
- Aaron came home from his mission to Maceio (sp?) Brazil, so fun to have all the Oborn brothers home!
- Bannock making a gingerbread house with Nana Char and auntie Kaitlynn (whose expecting a little girl cousin in April, yay!)
- we got to see my friend Kindra's adorable girls; our kids are roughly the same age but it's weird that we have two now (we're getting old)!
- started a new tradition of going to the sacramento zoo on Christmas eve day (it's free!) - with my oldest brother josh and his beautiful wifey Sarah, who got married in October :)
- Brecken at the zoo in his awesome owl hat
- Bannock opened presents like a mad man, we combined his gifts from both families and it was quite overwhelming! Regardless of the chaos he and Brecken made out like bandits! *side-note: I didn't get a family pic of this (such a terrible mother) but Brecken was blessed on Christmas day in my parent's ward and it was a wonderful experience :) I'm so thankful for my boys and my sweet husband
- went to the Folsom zoo and rode the train (the highlight of Bannocks stay ;)
- we got to spend the night in San Francisco at Josh and Sarah's new place, what fun! Went to the pirate supply store, saw the buffalo in Golden Gate park and rode paddle boats at Stow Lake (in the park). They also babysat so we could have a date night ;)
It was fun to be home, wish we could have stayed longer, seen more friends and spent time with more family but I must say that coming home to Hawaii was much nicer this year than last - and this year I'm going to make a serious effort at taking advantage of this beautiful place we get to call home :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Our son is currently serving a mission in Brazil! I am trying to connect with my Oborn family line and would love to hear from you! My name is Shauna and my email address is shauna20@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete