16.12.11

Done!

I'm finished with my senior classes!!! I can't describe this relief but it's great. I wrote more in the past 3 months than in my entire life - ok not true but how does 63 pages sound? Yeah that's off the top of my head. Not to mention all the immense amount of work Sean had to do as well. This semester has been actually insane. Our home has been chaos for about a month and I am so happy this weight has been lifted. Sean still has another year, I have one more semester but it just consists of filler classes that will (hopefully!) be enjoyable. As I thought about my school days coming to an end I realized just how bittersweet it is. I've always loved school but this last semester really put my abilities to the test - as far as being a mother, a wife and a student. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to go to school here at BYUH. There is no other place in the world like this. The community is awesome, my teachers are incredibly helpful and personal, and the diversity is something so unique. Not to mention it's Hawaii ;) I know that as crazy-hectic as it has been for both Sean and I to be in school and raise a family I will forever be grateful for doing this. One, because retiring to full-time motherhood will be that much sweeter after the stress of school. And two, because I've been able to share this experience with my husband we can have the same intellectual level as well as memories, something I hadn't thought of before but it is important in our relationship.

So now on to the next adventure: California for Christmas! I can't believe it's been a whole year. This will be a MUCH needed vacation. So if you're in town I hope to see you, and if not we'll be in Hawaii another year so come visit us here! Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment