16.7.11

27 Days to go...


I am now in the final month, thank goodness! I wake up every morning feeling like I ran a marathon the day before... it's about time to be done. This little guy is actually painful when he moves now, which he does more frequently than a 36 wk baby probably is supposed to. One more week and I'll be full term - then it's time to run up the stairs, clean like crazy, and pretty much do all the (safer) things I can to induce labor. I'm so ready to meet this little boy! Yet at the same time I feel so less prepared for this one (uh we have a couple onesies, a bouncer and a moses basket... seriously, that's it right now) I'm not sure if we'll ever be "ready" for him to come. And on top of that we have no clue what to name him! I feel so neglectful this time around... it's not as exciting and momentous as the first, and I feel guilty admitting that, but it is still exciting to bring a little person into the world, no matter the circumstances. I'm so thankful this guy is strong and healthy and I truly am happy to be bringing another boy into our family, I just hope he comes out with a name tag!

2 comments:

  1. Crap! I just wrote a whole long thing that disappeared!
    But the gist is: you look great, you do so much that the last thing you should feel is neglectful. And our society is super weird for needing to name our kids months before they're even here! You're doing all good stuff, and will be blessed! As for next week, raspberry tea, hot stuff and sex if you can fathom it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yay for Hawaii being a onsie-friendly state!

    ReplyDelete